There are nine Paediatric Speech and Language Therapists and two Speech and Language Therapy Assistants.
Front row left to right: Kate Trow, Fiona Black, Emma Coyde and Kate Hughes
Back row left to right: Claire Thomas, Jo Lamb, Zara Betts, Aarti Mistry and Sally Peacock
Let's Talk clinics and face to face appointments have been cancelled up to and including Friday 5th February in line with current States of Guernsey guidance. If you have any booked appointments, your therapist will be in touch to arrange an alternative. Should you have any questions or would like to speak to a therapist, please call Les Marais Centre on 01481707760 to leave a message and someone will return your call in due course.
Within the team, there is a range of experience and specialisms. Every therapist is Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered and a member of The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
- To support children and young people to maximise their communication potential.
- To work collaboratively in order to meet the communication and/or eating and drinking needs of children and young people.
- To promote awareness of communication and/or eating and drinking needs.
Who we Work With
- We offer support for children with:
- Delayed or disordered language development
- Difficulty with producing and using speech sounds
- Difficulty in understanding
- Difficulty in the use of language for social interaction
- Selective Mutism
- Feeding difficulties
- Cleft palate
- Hearing impairment
- Voice disorders
- Learning difficulties
Where we Work
- The team works at many locations including:
- Les Marais Centre
- Child Development Centre
- Pre-School and School
- Princess Elizabeth Hospital
- Children Centres
- Guille-Alles Library, St Peter Port
What to Expect
- Pre-School Children:
- During your initial assessment at Let's Talk Assessment Clinic, the Speech and Language Therapist will meet your child and discuss any concerns. Following this, your child will be offered one of the services as stated on the 'Journey Through the Service' download on the right.
- School and College (4-18 years):
- When a concern is raised, a discussion between parents/carers, education staff and the school/college's link Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) will occur. Following this, the SLT will make recommendations as to the most appropriate action to take.
Accessing the Service
- If your child is pre-school age (0-4 years old), please attend one of the offered Let's Talk Assessment Clinics. See the downloads section on the right for more information with details of times and locations.
- If your child is between 4 and 18 years of age, please speak to the Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCo) at your child's school or college who will be able to give you more information.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the service should you have any questions.
- Les Marais Centre, Le Grand Bouet, St Peter Port, GY1 2SB (A map is available by following the link in the downloads section)
- Tel: 44 1481 227760. A voicemail service is available for out of hours calls.
- Open 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 1pm on a Friday. Open during school holidays.
- We aim to respond to enquiries within five working days, however this is not always possible.
- All members of the team speak English as a first language, however interpreters are available should they be required
Links for Useful Information