A key element of Public Sector Reform is focused on optimising the extensive portfolio of States-owned properties.
This aims to:-
- Reduce overall operating costs;
- Increase the flexibility and capacity of States office accommodation;
- Improve efficiency and customer service by supporting modern ways of working;
- Introduce new space standards for States office accommodation;
- Rationalise the portfolio and dispose of surplus property.
Better management and rationalisation of the existing estate will also contribute towards the States financial savings targets.
The States' Trading Supervisory Board has submitted proposals for a comprehensive review of the estate and its management. This will include detailed reports of the condition, operating and maintenance costs for more than 300 buildings, and will establish the optimum operating model for the different property functions currently provided across the States.