Animal Feed Business Registration
- Under The European Communities (Food and Feed Controls) (Guernsey) Ordinance, 2016, it is a legal requirement to register your feed business with the Committee for Environment & Infrastructure.
- Please complete this online form if you operate a feed business.
- If you have any issues with this form, please contact the States Veterinary Officers on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01481 221161. Office of Environmental Health & Pollution Regulation, Burnt Lane House, Longue Rue, St Martin, GY4 6LD
Pork & pork products
- It is illegal to bring pork or pork products for your pets personal consumption into the Channel Islands from Europe (excluding the UK) unless:
- It is 2kg or less of animal feed in an unopened manufacturer-sealed package
- This restriction is in place to prevent the importation of African swine fever. Further information can be found here.
Medicated Animal Feed
- Animal feed that contain veterinary medicines are subject to different requirements.
- Follow this link for further information.
- Hay, straw and litter for use as bedding may be imported from a Member State of the European Community or Northern Ireland, Great Britain or the Crown Dependencies; on condition that the country or territory from which it is imported is not subject to notifiable disease restrictions.