The Looked After Children's team provides services to children and young people in care from the age of 0 to 18 years and young people leaving care between the ages of 16 and 21. We are a team of social workers and a social work assistant. We aim to work in partnership to provide a proactive, high quality service to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
Some of the work we do includes:
- Regular visits to children and young people
- Care planning
- Reviewing placements
- Life story work
- Facilitate contact between children and their families
- Adoption planning and proceedings
- Monitor off island placements
- Support young people leaving the care system
The team has developed close working relationships with a number of other agencies, including the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, the Health Visiting Service, Schools, Education and Action for Children as we believe that multi-agency working is important to achieve a positive outcome for looked after children and young people.