Policy & Resources Committee - P.2020/48
The States are asked to decide:-
Whether, after consideration of the policy letter entitled "Seafront Enhancement Area Programme", dated 2 March, 2020, they are of the opinion:-
1. To establish, with immediate effect, the Seafront Enhancement Committee as a States' Investigation & Advisory Committee, with a mandate, constitution and responsibilities as set out in Section 5 of the Seafront Enhancement Area Programme Update Policy Letter.
2. To direct the Seafront Enhancement Committee to bring a Policy Letter setting out the long-term development strategy of the east coast, as set out in Section 4 of the Seafront Enhancement Area Programme Update Policy Letter, for the consideration of the States of Deliberation by December 2021.
3. To note the resource implications set out in Section 5.21 of this Policy Letter; that the Policy & Resources Committee will use its delegated authority to provide funding for the Seafront Enhancement Committee from the Budget Reserve in 2020; and that the Seafront Enhancement Committee should submit a request for funding for 2021 through the appropriate budget setting process.
4. To agree that the Policy & Resources Committee has discharged the element of Resolution 5 of the 23 May 2019 St Peter Port Harbour Development Requête (Billet d'État VIII) regarding reporting back to the States with recommendations in relation to the management of the SEA programme, and to rescind the remainder of Resolution 5, to be replaced with the following:
"To direct the Seafront Enhancement Area Committee to investigate options for the resourcing and delivery vehicle of the physical development of the SEA programme long-term development strategy, and to report back to the States with recommendations in relation to such options by December 2021."
5. To rescind Resolution 3 of the 23rd May 2019 St Peter Port Harbour Development Requête (Billet d'État VIII), to be replaced with the following:
"To direct the Development & Planning Authority to continue to consult relevant Committees and other stakeholders and prepare proposals for a Local Development Brief for the St Peter Port Harbour Action Area, which has been funded by a capital vote of a maximum of £300,000 charged to the Capital Reserve, and to direct the Development & Planning Authority and Committee for the Environment & Infrastructure to take all necessary steps under the Land Planning Legislation to lay such proposals before the States for adoption within 12 months of States' approval of the SEA long-term development strategy."
6. To insert ', the Seafront Enhancement Committee' after 'the Development & Planning Authority' in paragraph 1 of Section II of the Rules for Payments to States Members, Non-States Members and Former States Members (approved on 8 November 2017: Billet d'État XX, 2017).
The above Propositions have been submitted to Her Majesty's Procureur for advice on any legal or constitutional implications in accordance with Rule 4(1) of the Rules of Procedure of the States of Deliberation and their Committees.