States' Assembly & Constitution Committee - P.2020/93
Amendment 1 - Deputy Dorey & Deputy Ferbrache [511kb]
Amendment 2 - Deputy Dorey & Deputy Ferbrache [410kb]
Amendment 3 - Deputy Soulsby & Deputy Tooley [522kb]
Amendment 4 - Deputy Gollop & Deputy Merrett [231kb]
The States are asked to decide whether, after consideration of the policy letter entitled "Dates of States' Meetings - 1st September 2020 to 31st August 2021" dated 7th May 2020, they are of the opinion:-
1. To agree that the dates on which States' Meetings shall be convened in the period from the 1st September, 2020 to the 31st August, 2021 shall be as set out in the table in section 2.7 of the policy letter.
2. To agree that statements under the provisions of Rules 10(4) and (5) shall be made by the Presidents and, in the case of the States of Alderney, the nominated Alderney Representative according to the rota set out in in the table in section 3.3 of the policy letter.
3. To delete Schedule 1 to the Rules of Procedure of the States of Deliberation and their Committees and replace with Schedule 1 as set out in Appendix 1 to the policy letter.
4. To rescind:
- Resolution 1 of Article XVIII of Billet d'État XVIII of 2019, 'Dates of States' Meetings - 1st September 2020 to 31st August 2021'; and
- Resolutions 1 to 4 of Article V of Billet d'État VII of 2020, 'Dates of States' Meetings - 1st September 2021 to 31st August 2024'.
The above Propositions have been submitted to Her Majesty's Procureur for advice on any legal or constitutional implications.