The official website for the States of Guernsey

Today

St Peter Port & St Sampson
Blue Bag
Clear Bag
Food Waste
Black Bag
Glass Bag

All Other Parishes
Blue Bag
Clear Bag
Food Waste
Black Bag
Glass Bag
More Information
weather iconMainly sunny.
High25°CLow17°C
5 day forecastTide timetables
Sign In

Applications welcome for second phase of payroll co-funding scheme support

Share this page

Thursday 30 July 2020

Businesses eligible for support through the payroll co-funding scheme between 1 July and 30 September can begin making applications for the second phase of funding from 1 August.

Businesses in the following sectors, that can demonstrate they are continuing to experience a significant drop in turnover as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, are eligible to apply for funding:

This support will take the form of a reimbursement scheme, as it did in the first phase, where eligible sectors can apply for 80% or 100% minimum wage co funding depending on how badly affected they continue to be. The Scheme will run on a monthly basis, which will reduce the number of times business have to apply, and will be available until 30 September 2020.

Similarly to the arrangements up until the end of June, eligible business with a turnover of more than 40% and up to 70% of normal levels will be able to apply for 80% of the minimum wage with business contributing the remaining 20% but those business that have seen their turnover reduce to below 40% of normal levels will still be able to apply for 100%.

It is acknowledged that other sectors and businesses, outside of those listed above, may be affected to some degree by the ongoing measures impacting travel and general COVID-19 conditions but for the vast majority of businesses this is not expected to be at a level requiring government support.  If however, you believe your business continues to be heavily impacted then you can apply and your case will be judged on its merits with the likely need for additional information.

The application form will be available on https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/business on 1 August 2020 and anyone wanting to contact Business Support can do so in the usual way: business.support@gov.gg or Tel: 01481 743803.

As has been previously stated, from 1 October, a grant scheme will be introduced to provide further support for visitor accommodation businesses, replacing the payroll co-funding scheme. Further information on this will be provided in due course.

Share this page

Useful Links

Add To Home

To add this page to the homescreen of your phone, go to the menu button and "Add to homescreen".


The menu button may look like
Three Dots or Box with an Arrow *some browsers' menu buttons may vary.