Committee for Employment & Social Security - P.2020/182
- The States are asked to decide:
- Whether, after consideration of the Policy Letter entitled 'Amendments to Statutory Minimum Wage arrangements to come into force on 1st January 2021', dated 8th October 2020, they are of the opinion:-
- 1. To approve the Minimum Wage (Prescribed Rates and Qualifications) (Guernsey) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 (as set out in Appendix 1 to this Policy Letter), which pursuant to sections 1(3) and 3(1) of the Law, prescribe the hourly minimum wage rates set out below with effect from 1st January 2021:
- a. adult minimum wage rate: £8.70 per hour (for workers aged 18 and over), and
- b. young person's minimum wage rate: £8.25 per hour (for workers aged 16 and 17).