Working under the supervision of the Ground Training & Quality Manager and Deputy Ground Training Manager the post holder will be responsible for designing and delivering training in accordance with the company's procedures and the external governing bodies.
Possessing experience from within a training environment, you will also hold a train the trainer qualification or level 3 Award in Training and Education. Exposure to all areas of the business is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
The applicant will also deliver de-ice training and monthly refresh training to the ground staff.
1. Design and deliver training in agreement with the Ground Training Manager and Deputy Ground Training Manager.
2. The Security and Ground Trainer will be required to communicate efficiently with the Security Manager regarding security related training. The Security and Ground Trainer will also be required to comply with Quality Assurance framework and reporting to the Quality Manager.
3. Deliver training to other stations as required by the business.
4. Identify changes to legislation and update training as required.
5. Maintain training records and review on regular basis.
6. Is required to use and operate all communication and computer systems available.
7. Is required to ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and legal manner, with particular reference to ramp procedures.
8. Is expected to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of Company procedures with regards to aircraft handling and dispatch, in particular the specific aircraft restrictions as laid down in the various Aircraft Handling Manuals.
9. Undertakes all duties as allocated by Ground Handling Duty Officer or other designated official.
10. Contacts with other carriers and airport authorities in the normal course of duties.
11. Liaise with Operational & Senior Managers regarding training issues, set monthly training plans & employee focus lists.
12. Produce monthly training reports and attend/present monthly training meetings.
13. Responsible for the preparing, tailoring and facilitation of all levels of training programs from new employee orientation to annual refreshers (health & safety, customer service and standards training, technical on the job training, supervisory skill)
14. Audit areas of the business to ensure standards & training gaps are identified.
15. Be available to travel to another station across the business when required at short notice.
16. Trained to be a De-Icing Instructor (DI/L40) and deliver training to ground staff and in the summer months keep staff trained and updated on procedures.
For the full job specification see attached
N/A - All applications to be sent via the Aurigny Careers Website