The official website for the States of Guernsey


St Peter Port & St Sampson
Blue Bag
Clear Bag
Food Waste
Black Bag
Glass Bag

All Other Parishes
Blue Bag
Clear Bag
Food Waste
Black Bag
Glass Bag
More Information
weather iconOvercast with occasional rain or drizzle and some mist or hill fog patches, clearing later.
5 day forecastTide timetables
Sign In

Tell us about a change in your circumstances

Share this page

If your circumstances change you should tell the Revenue Service as soon as possible - if you don't, you could pay too little or too much tax, in which case you will get a tax bill or refund at the end of the year.

Changes you should tell us about include:

  • If your income changes

    • Changes in your income can affect the amount of tax you pay and the earlier you tell us, the sooner we can update your details to make sure you pay the right amount.
    • This could include:
      • Changes to your employment including starting work for the first time, changing employer or taking on additional jobs
      • Starting to receive new income such as a personal, occupation or old age pensions, rent from property or casual earnings that are not taxed at source
      • Major changes to your investment income or your bank interest increasing above £50
      • Your income increasing to £90,000 or more as this may affect your personal and other tax allowances
  • If you're leaving Guernsey

    • Tell us if you are leaving Guernsey, Alderney or Herm by completing a leaving Guernsey form available in the downloads section of this page.
    • You will also need to provide your forwarding address, a copy of your final payslip and other information if requested so that we can update your details before you leave.
  • If you're coming to live in Guernsey

    • Whether you are moving to Guernsey, Alderney or Herm for the first time or returning after living abroad (excluding holidays or business trips) you must register with us by completing a the new arrivals/returning to Guernsey form available in the downloads section of this page.
  • If you're buying a property

    • Tell us by completing the buying a property form available in the downloads section of this page.
    • If the property you're buying is in Guernsey and you will occupy this as your only residence, this is known as your principal private residence (PPR). You may be able to claim for relief on mortgage or loan interest paid on your PPR. Full details of the rules for relief on interest paid can be found in the Income Tax (Tax Relief on interest payments) Guernsey Ordinance, 2007.
  • If you've changed address

    • You can use the Tell Us Once service to update your postal address with most government services.
  • If you get married or enter a civil partnership

    • Tell us by completing a notification of marriage form (see download section on this page).
  • If you divorce, separate or stop living with your spouse

    • Tell us if you have separated by completing a notification of separation form from the downloads section of this page.
    • For tax purposes, the separation date required is the date you stopped living together as a married couple and not the date of your legal separation.


Leaving Guernsey Form New Arrivals/Returning to Guernsey form Buying property form Notification of marriage form Notification of separation form

Share this page

Add To Home

To add this page to the homescreen of your phone, go to the menu button and "Add to homescreen".

The menu button may look like
Three Dots or Box with an Arrow *some browsers' menu buttons may vary.