The Island Development Plan 2016 requires Development Frameworks to be approved for certain sites to guide developers and other interested parties when considering development within certain specified areas or circumstances. The purpose of a Development Framework is to provide an interpretation of policy principles in the Island Development Plan which identifies the constraints and opportunities presented by a particular site or area and the type of development expected and encouraged by the Authority.
Planning Advice Note 9 [656kb] provides guidance for landowners, developers and their agents on how to work collaboratively with the Planning Service to write Development Frameworks.
In order that the public is aware of the issues involved, draft Development Frameworks are published and advertised and public comment invited. Following consultation, the comments received and the draft document will be considered by the Authority. If approved, Development Frameworks will become Supplementary Planning Guidance which will be taken into account when considering development proposals in the area to which they relate. Where a Development Framework has been approved for a site proposals will be expected to accord with it.
Draft Development Frameworks
- Draft Saltpans Development Framework, February 2020 [17Mb]
- Traffic Impact Assessment for Draft Saltpans Development Framework, April 2019 [15Mb]
- Traffic Impact Assessment - Addendum 24.01.20 for Draft Saltpans Development Framework, February 2020 [710kb] - Consultation closes at 5pm on Friday 27th March 2020
- The draft Leale's Yard Regeneration Area Development Framework is now open for consultation for a 6 week period. The Authority is inviting comments on this draft document between Monday 17th February and 5pm Friday 27th March 2020. The draft Development Framework will also be on display for the full 6 weeks at the former Smilers retail unit on Southside, The Bridge; a copy can be viewed at the Vale Douzaine or St Samspons Douzaine rooms or a copy can be viewed at Planning Service's reception, Sir Charles Frossard House, Monday to Friday between normal working hours. There will be an opportunity to discuss your thoughts on the Development Framework with the project team at a public drop-in session to be held at the Salvation Army Community Centre & Cafe on Nocq Road on Saturday 29th February 2020 between 10am and 3pm .
- Draft Leale's Yard Regeneration Area Development Framework [21Mb]
- Feedback form [2Mb]
- Draft Leale's Yard Regeneration Area Appendices 1-4 [6Mb]
- Draft Leale's Yard Regeneration Area Development Framework Appendix 5 [16Mb]
- Draft Leale's Yard Development Framework - exhibition boards [19Mb]
Draft Frameworks - Consultation period closed but not yet approved
Approved Development Frameworks
- La Vigne Development Framework, December 2019 [5Mb]
- Education Offices Development Framework, September 2019 [17Mb]
- Quantock Cottage Development Framework, September 2019 [12Mb]
- Bouverie Lane Development Framework, August 2019 [8Mb]
- Richmond House Development Framework, June 2019 [7Mb]
- Bougourd Ford Development Framework, April 2019 [10Mb]
- Pointes Rocques Development Framework, March 2019 [23Mb]
- Le Maresquet Development Framework, March 2019 [10Mb]
- English & Guernsey Arms Development Framework, March 2019 [11Mb]
- Route Isabelle Development Framework, August 2018 [19Mb]
- Briarwood Development Framework, August 2018 [15Mb]
- Camp Dolent Development Framework, May 2018. [13Mb]
- Les Bas Courtils Development Framework, April 2018 [14Mb]
- Cleveleys Vinery Development Framework, March 2018 [12Mb]
- Hotel Dunchoille Development Framework, January 2018. [2Mb]
- Braye Lodge Development Framework, December 2017 [5Mb]
- Peacehaven Development Framework, September 2017 [5Mb]
- Mycroft/Warma Development Framework (December 2018) [13Mb]