- The Island Development Plan 2016 requires Development Frameworks to be approved for certain sites to guide developers and other interested parties when considering development within certain specified areas or circumstances. The purpose of a Development Framework is to provide an interpretation of policy principles in the Island Development Plan which identifies the constraints and opportunities presented by a particular site or area and the type of development expected and encouraged by the Authority.
- Planning Advice Note 9 [656kb] provides guidance for landowners, developers and their agents on how to work collaboratively with the Planning Service to write Development Frameworks.
In order that the public is aware of the issues involved, draft Development Frameworks are published and advertised and public comment invited. Following consultation, the comments received and the draft document will be considered by the Authority. If approved, Development Frameworks will become Supplementary Planning Guidance which will be taken into account when considering development proposals in the area to which they relate. Where a Development Framework has been approved for a site proposals will be expected to accord with it.
Draft Development Frameworks
The Authority is currently inviting comments from the public on the following draft Development Frameworks. The consultation period is indicated for each document:
Revised Draft Development Framework Pointues Rocques, Revised 31 August 2018 [23Mb] - Consultation period ends 5pm on Friday 2nd November 2018
- Pointues Rocques Traffic Impact Assessment for Draft Development Framework [20Mb]
- Pointues Rocques Rocques TIA Addendum [357kb]
- Pointues Rocques THS response 22 September 2017 [272kb]
- Pointues Rocques THS response 7 February 2018 [253kb]
- Pointues Rocques THS response 24 April 2018 [379kb]
Draft Le Maresquet Development Framework_17.08.18 [10Mb] - Consultation period ends 5pm on Monday 1st October 2018
- Appendix 2 - Environmental Noise Assessment [4Mb]
- Appendix 3 - Vibration Testing Report [1Mb]
- Appendix 4 - Site Transport Appraisal [569kb]
Draft Frameworks - Consultation period closed but not yet approved
- Pointues Rocques Draft Development Framework, August 2017 [27Mb]
- ended 25/09/17 - Superseded by Revised draft Development Framework Pointes Rocques, 31 August 2018
- Draft Mycroft/Warma Development Framework, July 2018. [13Mb] - Consultation period ended at 5pm on Friday 7th September 2018.
Approved Development Frameworks
- Route Isabelle Development Framework, August 2018 [19Mb]
- Briarwood Development Framework, August 2018 [15Mb]
- Report of the Consultation Responses to the Briarwood Draft Development Framework [544kb]
- Camp Dolent Development Framework, May 2018. [13Mb]
- Report of the Consultation Responses to the Camp Dolent Draft Development Framework [255kb]
- Les Bas Courtils Development Framework, April 2018 [14Mb]
- Cleveleys Vinery Development Framework, March 2018 [12Mb]
- Hotel Dunchoille Development Framework, January 2018. [2Mb]
- Braye Lodge Development Framework, December 2017 [5Mb]
- Warma Development Framework, October 2017 [6Mb]
- Peacehaven Development Framework, September 2017 [5Mb]