In December 2017, the Committee for Health & Social Care set out their direction for the future provision of Health & Care Services.
This new model of health and care provision is referred to as The Partnership of Purpose and will see providers such as GPs, medical specialists, third sector and other health and care organisations partnering with HSC, other States provided services and our community to significantly improve the health and wellbeing of all islanders.
This plan for transformation is set over the next ten years and recognises and addresses the very significant challenges facing the islands in delivering healthcare in the 21st Century.
The foundation, and instrumental to its success, is a positive, engaged community culture committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of patients, carers and families.
You can find all information about the Princess Elizabeth Hospital Modernisation here
How we got here
- People are living longer and there will be fewer working-aged men and women paying the taxes and Social Security contributions that fund health and social care for the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- The need to transform the way we deliver services was understood when in 2011 the Health and Social Services Department published the 2020 Vision.
- The 2020 Vision identified the challenges being faced by the States in terms of increasing demand on services and an ageing population.
- In 2017 the Committee for Health & Social Care published its policy letter for the transformation of Health & Care Services.
- Below you can find more detailed background information:
- Background Information [892kb]
- Why do we need to change? [220kb]
- The Case for Change - presentation June 2017 [604kb]
- 2020 Vision Update 2013 [901kb]
- Future 2020 Vision of the Health and Social Services Department [1Mb]
- HSC Transformation Public Feedback [554kb]
- BDO Executive Summary Report 2015 (Appendix II) [1Mb]
- Phase 2 Policy & Resources Plan [8Mb]
- The Health Profile for Guernsey and Alderney 2013-15 [5Mb]
- Guernsey and Alderney Healthy Lifestyle Survey 2013 [5Mb]
- Engagement Timeline [271kb]
- Partnership of Purpose Presentation [1Mb]
- HSC Review of Political Term - 2016 to 2018 [440kb]
- Policy Letter - A Partnership of Purpose Transforming Bailiwick Health & Care 13th Nov 2017 [2Mb]
- 13.11.17 Media Release - future of health and care policy letter [298kb]