The Committee for Home Affairs has scoped an inclusive Justice Framework that builds on the work of the Criminal Justice Strategy.
The objective is to maintain and promote a safe, secure, stable and equitable society which values public protection and justice. Success will result in a community where crime rates are low and money invested in the criminal justice system secures better outcomes.
In developing work stream for both short and long-term objectives in 2018-2022, the Committee for Home Affairs is striving for the following outcomes:
- Identifying and tackling the causes of crime
- A reduction in the levels of crime and fear of crime
- Ensuring value for money services within the Justice System
- Increase confidence in justice institutions and processes
- The promotion and delivery of the correct intervention at the right time
- A reduction in re-offending
- Identifying and confiscating the proceeds of crime
- Recognising the links between justice policy and social policy