Our Maternity services are provided by a Multi-Disciplinary Team [MDT]
You will receive care from Midwives, Obstetricians, Maternity Support Workers [MSW], Sonographers, Paediatricians and Anaesthetists. All skilled professionals are either based in the hospital or community to provide you and your families with the personalised care that you need throughout your experience.
Senior Maternity Management Team
- Service Manager for Maternity and Paediatrics and Head of Midwifery - Annabel Nicholas
- Consultant Midwife - Alex Hawkins Drew
- Midwifery Matron - Lorraine Millward
- Operations Manager - Hazel Seymour
- Our Midwives will be your first point of contact.If you develop any complications during your pregnancy the Midwives will be the key co-ordinators working alongside a Multi-disciplinary Team [MDT] to ensure we provide you with the most appropriate personalised care. The MDT consists of GP's, Obstetricians, Sonographers, Health Visitors and Social Workers.
Maternity Support Workers
- Maternity Support Workers assist the Midwives in all aspects of care
- This includes:
- Accompanying women to other clinical departments under the direction of a Midwife
- Home visits
- Providing breastfeeding support
- In addition, they will assist you whenever needed
- The Community Midwifery Team are based at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital, Level 3 located near Loveridge Ward. The team are assigned to parishes for home visits and run antenatal clinics for all women and also co-ordinate the Great Expectations parent craft classes along with Bosom Buddies breast feeding support group
- Community provide postnatal once discharged from hospital
- The Community Midwives can be contacted on 707682.
- Practice within Community is currently under review as we are looking at ways to provide a more personalised integrated service
- If you have or develop a complications during your pregnancy your care will be led by a Consultant Obstetrician or in collaboration with the lead Midwife.
- Our Consultants are trained in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and fully accredited by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists [RCOG] and specialise in the care of women with normal and complex pregnancies.
- To find out more about our Obstetric Consultants click here