Information and public services for the Island of Guernsey



Nurses celebrate graduation
Tuesday 19 September 2017

The Institute of Health and Social Care Studies, in partnership with the University of East Anglia (UEA) and Middlesex University (MU) is hosting a 12th graduation ceremony at Les Cotils on the 22nd September 2017.

Read more
Degrees in France: Special information evening for students and parents
Tuesday 19 September 2017

Guernsey students and their parents are being invited to a special information evening next week to find out about university degrees in Caen, where courses are free to all undergraduates.

Read more
Parking changes in the centre of Town
Monday 18 September 2017

Following a period of public consultation, Traffic and Highway Services is now in the process of introducing a number of parking changes in the centre of Town:

Read more All News
Coming soon – a map of events, hazards and other useful information
weather iconFair or sunny periods.
5 day forecastTide timetables


Caipirhina Stettin 07:30 07:22A 


Huelin Dispatch Southampton 08:30  
All arrivals and departures Shipping forecast


Flybe09:152017-09-20SouthamptonBE6301Approx 0915


FlybeEmirates09:552017-09-20BirminghamBE502EK4038Check In Open ,Go To Departure Lounge
All arrivals and departures
Sign In

Moving your Residence to Guernsey


C16 form
Contact Us - Customs and Excise

Share this page

If you are moving residence from the UK or any other European country to Guernsey, all that is needed is a full inventory of the effects.

What Customs Forms do I have to fill in if I move to Guernsey, are there any Duties Payable?

If you are moving from outside of the European Community, as well as an inventory, a Personal Effects Declaration form, known as a C16 form is also needed. Personal property of persons transferring residence from a third country to the Bailiwick may be admitted free of duty provided certain conditions are met (see c16 Form for more information). Any alcohol or tobacco products will be subject to a duty charge.

The C16 form is available for download on this page.

You should also contact Population Management in order to obtain a certificate/permit that allows you to live and work in the island.


C16 form

Share this page

Add To Home

To add this page to the homescreen of your phone, go to the menu button and "Add to homescreen".

The menu button may look like
Three Dots or Box with an Arrow *some browsers' menu buttons may vary.