On this page you can download the latest publications from the Data and Analysis team regarding the island's property transaction prices (sales and rentals) and housing stock.
- The mix adjusted average purchase price for local properties was £505,579 in the second quarter of 2021, 0.8% lower than the previous quarter and 9.9% higher than the second quarter of 2020. The mix adjusted price is a measure of the value of the sales, not a reflection of the values of individual properties. Many factors, including age, location and quality, determine the actual value of individual properties.
- There were 297 local transactions during the second quarter of 2021, 130 more than the previous quarter and 156 more than the same quarter of 2020. The sales numbers for the first quarter of 2021 were affected by restrictions put in place to slow the spread of coronavirus, as were the numbers for the second quarter of 2020.
- The raw median price (realty only) of the 35 open market transactions in the second quarter of 2021 was £1,228,500.
- For further details you can download:
- - The Residential Property Prices Bulletin, which is published each quarter, gives details of volumes and average prices of local and open market house transactions in Guernsey.
- - A history spreadsheet, which provides a table of mean average house prices (dating back to 1981 for local transactions and 1999 for open market) and House and Apartment medians, which are no longer included in the quarterly bulletins.
- - The Guernsey Annual Residential Property Stock Bulletin (formerly the Housing Stock Bulletin), which was first published in March 2011, contains detailed information on the number, type, size and location of Guernsey's domestic property units.
See the provisional release date list [179kb] to find out when the next update of these figures is due.
If you would like to receive an email and/or text notification when the next version of this bulletin becomes available (or you wish to stop receiving those notifications), please log in or register here. To find out how Data and Analysis process your personal data if you sign up for notifications or in the production of national statistics you can read our Fair Processing Notice [972kb].