Before you contact the Revenue Service you will need:
Your Social Security number (often called your GY number) and/or your Tax Reference Number. These can usually be found on the top of your pay slip or on any communication you have received from us, such as your tax coding, statement or assessment.
If you need to contact the Revenue Service you can do so:
- Our phone lines are open between 8.45am and 4pm Monday to Friday. Please call 225700 where an automated menu will direct your call towards the team you need. Our phone lines are always very busy and you may have to wait to have your call answered. Please make sure you have your GY number and tax reference number to hand.
In person at Edward T Wheadon House
- The counter is on level 3 and is open from 8.45am to 4pm Monday to Friday. The counter can get very busy and you may have to wait to be served. Lunchtimes tend to be the busiest time of day when queues will be the longest and this can sometimes impact waiting times for the afternoon.
- There are chairs if you need to sit down while waiting and desks where you can organise your paperwork or fill in forms. There is a computer for public use where you can make online payments for things like parking tickets or your tax bill. Private rooms are available if required, just ask the counter staff.
- Please note that the Assessor team is not located at Edward T Wheadon House and if you wish to speak to an Assessor you should call the number above. Please do not call in-person to Sir Charles Frossard House hoping to see a member of Revenue Service staff as this will not be possible. You can pick up or drop off printed Tax Return forms but no other customer services are available at this location.
- There are dedicated parking spaces for Edward T Wheadon House in Le Truchot and Hospital Lane. The public car park at the North Beach is a 250m walk. There is accessible parking for Blue Badge holders in Hospital Lane.
- You can find a map and accessibility details for Edward T Wheadon House on www.disablego.com.
- We receive a large number of emails daily and may not be able to answer your query immediately, but your email will be forwarded to the appropriate team where it will be placed in a queue. Someone from that team will get back to you as soon as possible. You will not need to send a follow up email. To help reduce waiting times for replies please make sure you include all relevant information such as your full name, tax reference number or GY number.
- You can write to us at PO Box 37, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3AZ. Please make sure you quote your tax reference number or GY number on all correspondence. Waiting times for postal replies tend to be longer and we encourage you to use email where possible.