This page includes the latest Guernsey inflation rates, which are published quarterly by the Data and Analysis team, along with access to further related information.
Latest inflation figures
- At the end of September 2017, Guernsey's annual inflation, as measured by the changes in the RPIX, was 2.4%. The RPIX, which excludes the mortgage interest payment item, is the principal measure of inflation used by the States of Guernsey.
- The inflation of the "all items" RPI for the year ending September 2017 was 2.0%.
- The latest Inflation Bulletin, which contains more details on RPI and RPIX, can be downloaded from this page, together with Supplementary & Historic Information and the Inflation Calculator (which can work out the RPI or RPIX change over any time period and any value of money you choose e.g. for a rent or maintenance review.
RPI and RPIX Date RPIX RPI Annual percentage change Index (2008 = 100) Annual percentage change Index (2008 = 100) Sep 2014 1.8 116.3 2.5 113.7 Dec 2014 0.6 115.2 1.2 112.8 Mar 2015 0.8 116.7 1.3 114.3 Jun 2015 1.5 117.6 1.9 115.2 Sep 2015 0.5 116.8 0.7 114.5 Dec 2015 1.0 116.4 1.1 114.0 Mar 2016 0.5 117.3 0.5 114.8 Jun 2016 0.6 118.3 0.4 115.7 Sep 2016 1.1 118.1 0.9 115.5 Dec 2016 1.6 118.2 1.2 115.4 Mar 2017 2.9 120.7 2.4 117.6 Jun 2017 2.8 121.6 2.3 118.4 Sep 2017 2.4 121.0 2.0 117.8
- More information on inflation targets can be found here and a user guide to Guernsey inflation indices can be downloaded from this page.
- The weightings used in the RPI calculations are periodically updated using information from the Household Expenditure Surveys. A report on the latest of these surveys can be accessed here.
Latest inflation forecasts
- The Inflation Forecast Bulletin provides 12 month forecasts for the primary inflation measures used in Guernsey: RPIX and RPI. Forecasts are based on historical trends, expectation of inflation in the UK, and forecast movements in the price of key commodities. Forecasts are revised and published on a quarterly basis in the month following Policy and Resources' publication of the Guernsey Inflation Bulletin.
- The latest Inflation Forecast Bulletin can be downloaded from this page.
See the provisional 2017 release dates [157kb] to find out when the next update of these figures is due.
If you would like to receive an email and/or text notification when the next version of this bulletin becomes available (or you wish to stop receiving those notifications), please log in or register here.