The Uniform Grant is a means tested benefit, issued annually, intended to assist you in providing a basic school uniform for your children. The amount of grant you receive is calculated with reference to your annual household income and allowed expenses.
Uniform grants applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be available from July 2022. Electronic applications will be available as will a printable version.
Term starts Friday, 3rd September 2021, to ensure that you have received your grant and collected your uniform before then we recommend submitting your uniform grant at least a couple of weeks before term starts. For parents and carers who are not in receipt of Income Support, rent & interest on mortgages will need to be submitted alongside the application form. If you have any questions, you can contact the Income Support team on 222508 or email email@example.com
- A full uniform grant, where given, is for a full academic year consists of:
Primary Secondary 2 pairs of trousers or skirts 2 pairs of trousers or skirts 2 polo shirts 2 shirts or blouses 1 sweatshirt or cardigan 1 jumper/PE hoodie 1 PE kit - shorts and top 1 blazer 1 pair of trainers (Years 1-6) 1 tie 1 pair of shoes 1 PE kit - shorts/skort and top 1 pair of trainers 1 pair of shoes
Guidance for Application
- Not all applicants will be eligible for a full uniform grant.
- It may be possible to assist with the funding of football boots, rugby shirts and football socks for secondary school pupils if these are essential items required by the school. A PE jumper or hoodie can also be issued in place of a school jumper where required. However, there is a limit to the amount of grant payable per child and these additional items may exceed the full grant. Comparing supplier prices may be advisable in this case.
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, items of uniform that have been damaged or outgrown will not be replaced.
- Every pupil who received a blazer between September 2020 and July 2021 will not be entitled to one this academic year.
List of vendors available with uniform grant
- Listed below are the names of suppliers of school uniforms
Uniforms Uniforms & Sportwear Footwear Marks & Spencer Game Changers Game Changers www.pmgschoolwear.co.uk
Fletcher Sports Fletcher Sports Sew Much Fun
Shoe Zone Ltd Shoestring Sole Mates Ltd