The Uniform Grant is a means tested benefit, issued annually, intended to assist you in providing a basic school uniform for your children. The amount of grant you receive is calculated with reference to your annual household income and allowed expenses.
Uniform grants for the 2021 school year are now available. Electronic applications are available here. There is also a printable version on this page, and paper copies are available upon request.
Term starts Friday, 3rd September 2021, to ensure that you have received your grant and collected your uniform before then we recommend submitting your uniform grant at least a couple of weeks before term starts. For parents and carers who are not in receipt of Income Support, rent & interest on mortgages will need to be submitted alongside the application form. If you have any questions, you can contact the Income Support team on 222508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full uniform grant, where given, is for a full academic year consists of:
Primary Secondary 2 pairs of trousers or skirts 2 pairs of trousers or skirts 2 polo shirts 2 shirts or blouses 1 sweatshirt or cardigan 1 jumper/PE hoodie 1 PE kit - shorts and top 1 blazer 1 pair of trainers (Years 1-6) 1 tie 1 pair of shoes 1 PE kit - shorts/skort and top 1 pair of trainers 1 pair of shoes
Guidance for Application
- Not all applicants will be eligible for a full uniform grant.
- It may be possible to assist with the funding of football boots, rugby shirts and football socks for secondary school pupils if these are essential items required by the school. A PE jumper or hoodie can also be issued in place of a school jumper where required. However, there is a limit to the amount of grant payable per child and these additional items may exceed the full grant. Comparing supplier prices may be advisable in this case.
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, items of uniform that have been damaged or outgrown will not be replaced.
- Every pupil who received a blazer between September 2020 and July 2021 will not be entitled to one this academic year.
List of vendors available with uniform grant
- Listed below are the names of suppliers of school uniforms
Uniforms Uniforms & Sportwear Footwear Marks & Spencer Game Changers Game Changers www.pmgschoolwear.co.uk
Fletcher Sports Fletcher Sports Sew Much Fun
Shoe Zone Ltd Shoestring Sole Mates Ltd