During 2015 the former Education Department was independently inspected by a team of HM Inspectors from Education Scotland.
The Strategic Inspection report, which was published on 3rd September, acknowledges the very bold political change programme that the Education Board had set itself in its 2013 Vision document and the huge amount achieved in a short period of time.
The Inspectors set out to answer the following key questions during the course of the inspection:
- What key outcomes have the Education Department achieved?
- What impact has the Department had in meeting the needs of learners, parents, carers and families in the community?
- How effective is the delivery of education services?
- How well is the Education Department led?
- What is the Education Department's capacity for continuous improvement?
A copy of the full inspection report and associated media releases can be downloaded from this page.
FOLLOW-THROUGH STRATEGIC INSPECTION UPDATE FROM EDUCATION SCOTLAND (Published 11th Sep 2017)
Education Scotland published a strategic inspection report into the education functions of The States of Guernsey on 15 September 2015. In that report, we undertook to revisit the Bailiwick within two years to assess progress in relation to the main points for action.
In light of the considerable changes to education that are underway across the Bailiwick, we have jointly agreed to postpone the follow-through inspection of the education functions of the States of Guernsey at this time.