Links for Registered Childminders and Registered Early Years Providers can be found below plus a Google Map showing locations of the Bailiwick's Registered Preschools and Day Nurseries.
Information on School Admissions and all the Primary School application forms can be found on this webpage https://gov.gg/schooladmissions
Early Years Quality Standards Framework
- All pre-schools and day nurseries work to the Early Years Quality Standards Framework (EYQSF), 2018. A copy of the Framework is available to download here: Early Years Quality Standards Framework (EYQSF) [1Mb]. The EYQSF sets out the requirements for all providers and will help to focus on raising and sustaining a consistent quality of early year's experiences for our children and families.
- Pre-school education in the Bailiwick is predominantly provided by the private sector and any children can attend private pre-schools before starting school.
- In Guernsey and Alderney we work to secure an equality of opportunity, to develop a culture of support, reflection and empowerment within the Early Years Sector.
Preschool Education Fund (PSEF)
- The year before children go to school (Reception year) they are entitled to free, quality, pre-school provision for up to 15 hours per week, 38 weeks a year (term time only), supported by the States of Guernsey.
- This entitlement is being delivered through a partnership with private providers. A list of registered pre-school and day nurseries can be found Registered Early Years Providers [166kb]
- The Assembly agreed to the funding for the implementation of the entitlement following a debate in November 2015. The proposals were amended with regards to the detail of funding sources and a cap set on entitlement to only those with a joint household income of £150,000 or less.
- Quality measures have been put in place and can be found here: key performance indicators
- Please read a copy of the Parent/Carer leaflet on how to apply for your free pre-school entitlement, you can download the leaflet here: PSEF Parent/Carer Leaflet [574kb] .
- A copy of the Parent Declaration Form can be found here: PSEF Declaration Form [545kb]
- Please look at the Frequently Asked Questions for further information FAQ [269kb]