The Willows is a specialist Day Centre based at La Nouvelle Maraitine.
What does the centre provide?
- The centre provides therapeutic activities and personal care services for people with dementia and those with mental health and physical problems who cannot attend other day centres. The staff includes nurses, an occupational therapist, nursing assistants and an occupational therapy assistant who provide a multi-disciplinary approach to the care.
- Service users have the opportunity to engage in various activities including art projects, music, gardening and reminiscence while carers have respite. Lunch is provided and currently there is no charge for attending. Referral to the service is usually arranged through the Older Adult Community Mental Health Team (OACMHT), social workers, community nurses or the GP.
- The day centre staff work closely with the OACMHT and primary care to support people in the community and those who are leaving hospital.
- A bathing service is run from the day centre that includes a community (home) bathing service and an assisted bathing service at La Nouvelle Maraitaine for people who cannot have a bath or shower safely at home.
- You can contact us by phone on, 01481 200983, Internal (668) 2983.
- Or you can write to us at,
- The Willows Day Centre
- La Nouvelle Maraitaine
- Maraitaine Road
- GY3 5QD