Local legislation places a 'Duty of Care' on anyone that handles waste as part of their commercial activities. Environmental pollution legislation requires all producers of commercial waste to take reasonable measures to ensure that their waste is disposed of in an appropriate manner so as to protect the environment.
Waste Transport Licence / Exemption
- If you transport commercial waste then you must have a Waste Transport Licence or Exemption. You must formally apply to the Office of Environmental Health and Pollution Regulation for a licence or exemption.
- Please make your application here, if you require a paper application please contact us and we will arrange to post you a copy.
Waste Management Licence
- If you operate a facility that handles, processes or stores waste then you must hold a Waste Management Licence.
- Waste Management Licence application forms and guidance are available in the downloads section.
- If you wish to start a waste business then you are advised to contact the department for more information and to arrange to make an application for a Waste Management Licence.