Policy & Resources Committee, Committee for Economic Development and States' Trading Supervisory Board - P.2021/65
- The States are asked to decide:-
- Whether, after consideration of the policy letter 'Guernsey Electricity - Regulation' dated 18th May, 2021, they are of the opinion:-
- 1. To agree that the Guernsey Competition & Regulatory Authority's current responsibilities for determining the tariffs and prices charged by Guernsey Electricity Ltd for the supply of electricity should be transferred to the States' of Guernsey, acting by and through the States' Trading Supervisory Board;
- 2. To issue a States Direction to the Guernsey Competition & Regulatory Authority that, in undertaking its responsibilities under the Electricity Law, 2001, it should ensure its actions and decisions are consistent with and support the implementation of the States' extant Energy Policy and Electricity Strategy and, in particular, reflect the Energy Policy's focus on: establishing targeted competition to support establishing on-island (including off-shore) renewable energy; and, facilitating a competitive energy supply market using shared critical infrastructure;
- 3. To direct the preparation of such legislation as may be necessary to give effect to the above decisions.
- The above Propositions have been submitted to Her Majesty's Procureur for advice on any legal or constitutional implications in accordance with Rule 4(1) of the Rules of Procedure of the States of Deliberation and their Committees.