Committee for Education, Sport & Culture - P.2021/69
- The States are asked to decide:-
- Whether, after consideration of the policy letter, dated 28th May, 2021, they are of the opinion:-
- 1. To agree that from the earliest date practicable, States' maintained secondary education should be delivered through an 11-18 learning partnership across three 11-16 schools and a Sixth Form Centre located on a site separate to those schools, and Le Murier and Les Voies Schools and St Anne's School in Alderney.
- 2. To agree the three 11-16 schools will be located on the existing school sites at Les Beaucamps, Les Varendes and St Sampson's and the Sixth Form Centre in a new building at Les Ozouets Campus co-located with The Guernsey Institute, the development and implementation of which is estimated to have:
- a) A capital cost of £43.5m as set out in table 8 in paragraph 9.4; and
- b) An ongoing revenue cost which will not, in the medium term, exceed the current revenue costs associated with these phases of education.
- 3. To approve 'Secondary & Post 16 Education Reorganisation' as a project in the capital portfolio, subject to ratification by the States as part of the Government Work Plan debate.
- 4. To delegate authority to the Policy & Resources Committee, following approval of the necessary business cases, to open capital votes of up to £54m, (which includes an allowance for optimism bias as described in section 9.8) to fund the model for the reorganisation of the secondary and post 16 education infrastructure agreed by the Assembly, subject to ratification by the States as part of the Government Work Plan debate.
- The above Propositions have been submitted to Her Majesty's Procureur for advice on any legal or constitutional implications in accordance with Rule 4(1) of the Rules of Procedure of the States of Deliberation and their Committees.
Amendments Proposer Seconder Status Voting Record Procedural Votes Taken (if any) Amendment 1 [380kb] Deputy Cameron Deputy de Sausmarez Lost
Pour 17; Contre 22
Voting Record - Amendment 1 [165kb] Rule 26(1) Guillotine motion [169kb] Amendment 2 [240kb] Deputy Leadbeater Deputy de Lisle Lost
Pour 14; Contre 22; Abstain 3
Voting Record - Amendment 2 [169kb] Amendment 3 [235kb] Deputy Leadbeater Deputy de Lisle Lost
Pour 12: Contre 27
Voting Record - Amendment 3 [166kb] Amendment 4 [332kb] Deputy Le Tocq Deputy Cameron Not debated
Motion under Rule 24(6) was successful so the Amendment was not not debated and no vote taken
Rule 24(6) Motion [170kb] Amendment 5 [255kb] Deputy Le Tocq Deputy Brouard Lost
Pour 14; Contre 22; Abstain 2; Absent 1
Voting Record - Amendment 5 [167kb] Amendment 6 [322kb] Deputy St Pier Deupty Cameron Not Laid Amendment 7 [252kb] Deputy St Pier Deputy Cameron Not Laid Amendment 8 [255kb] Deputy Trott Deputy Parkinson Lost
Pour 16; Contre 20; Abstain 1
Voting Record - Amendment 8 [165kb] Rule 26(1) Guillotine motion [168kb] Amendment 9 [260kb] Deputy Matthews Deputy Gollop Not laid as motion to suspend the Rules failed Motion to suspend the Rules [170kb] Amendment 10 [248kb] Deputy St Pier Deputy Cameron Not laid as motion to suspend the Rules failed Motion to suspend the Rules [169kb] Amendment 11 [251kb] Deputy St Pier Deputy Cameron Lost
Pour 11; Contre 23; Abstain 4; Absent 2
Amendment 11 [167kb] Rule 26(1) Guillotine motion [169kb]