Monday 14 November 2022
Quitline, Guernsey's Stop Smoking Service is delighted to announce a new option to support smokers aged 18 and over to quit.
Smokers can now be offered a FREE rechargeable vape starter kit in conjunction with the FREE advice and support in addition, or as an alternative, to FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT).
There is increasing evidence that vapes are both a popular and successful way of quitting smoking. These quits can be far more successful when used with ongoing support as provided through Guernsey Quitline and although still a relatively new product ongoing research continues to show them to be a far less harmful alternative to smoking. The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) currently recommends that vapes should be one of the options offered to adult smokers who are looking to quit. This should be offered alongside all the currently licensed medicinal products and along with clear advice on use of the devices, including how to stop using them. This will all be included as part of the support offered through Quitline.
Quitline Stop Smoking Service Manager Andrea Tostevin said:
'Quitline can now offer pre-booked appointments, either one to one or for small groups of friends or family at different times of day and at clinics around the Island. Support to quit and information on all stop smoking medications and vapes is available:
- Monday to Friday at The Princess Elizabeth Hospital, including evening appointments on Monday and Tuesday
- Wednesday: Shiloh Church 10.00am to 12.00 midday
- Wednesday: Guilles Alles Library St Peter Port 11.30am to 2.00pm
- Wednesday: Oberlands 3.00pm to-6.00pm
- Wednesday: Island Health Town Surgery 4.00pm to 6.00pm
- Friday: Norman Piette, St Sampson 9.00am to 11.00am
- Friday, (2nd and 4th Friday of the month only): Guernsey Welfare Service, Caves de Bordeaux, St Peter Port 10.00am-12.00 midday
To make an appointment or for further information please telephone Quitline on 01481 220021 (answer phone), email email@example.com or message via Facebook.'