The Looked After Children's team provides services to children and young people in care from the age of 0 to 18 years and young people leaving care between the ages of 16 and 21, (or 24 if in full time education). We are a team of Social Workers, Social Work Assistants and Community Clinical Psychologist remit for Look After Children. We aim to work in partnership to provide a proactive, high quality service to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
Some of the work we do includes:
- Regular visits to children and young people
- Care planning
- Reviewing placements
- Life story work
- Promote contact between children and their families
- Adoption planning and proceedings
- Monitor off island placements
- Support young people leaving the care system with accommodation, employment and to achieve their potential
The team has developed close working relationships with a number of other agencies, including the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, the Health Visiting Service, Schools, Housing, the Third Sector and a designated lead member of staff within Education for Look After Children. We believe that multi-agency working together process to achieving a positive outcome for looked after children and young people.
For further information you can contact the team on, 01481 723182 or you can send us an email.