The Children's Community Nursing Team is based at Lukis House. They provide nursing care and support for children, young people and their families at home.
What we do
- The team is made up of 4 Children's Community Nurses and 1 Children's Community Healthcare Assistant. They are contactable at Lukis House in office hours on Tel No: 01481 222011 or by using the 'Contact Us - Children's Community Nurses' tab on the right side of this page.
- Their work includes:
- Follow up of children who are discharged from Frossard Ward and from hospital in the UK requiring dressings and injections.
- Education and support for families whose child may have a long term health condition such as Asthma or Eczema.
- Multi-disciplinary working in partnership with other Health Care Professionals in the care of children and with more complex needs.
- They also manage the children on island with Type 1 Diabetes. The Children's Community Nurses have a specialist qualification in the management of Type 1 diabetes in children and young people, they work in conjunction with the paediatrician and families in the management of diabetes.
- You can find more information about the Children's Community Nursing Service by viewing our service leaflet here Children's Community Nursing Service [1Mb]
- The Children's Community Nursing Team liaise closely with the Health Visitors and School Nurses also based at Lukis House. For more information about the Health Visiting Service and School Nursing Service, please click on the links located at the bottom of this page.
- If you require information or have any questions about immunisations offered as part of the school programme please view the childhood immunisations page by clicking here Childhood immunisations