Pharmacists can offer useful advice about minor illnesses and health conditions and also suggest suitable medication or treatment.
- Boots Pharmacy
- Healthcare Pharmacies
- Email: email@example.com
- St Martin's Medical Centre, Les Camps du Moulin, St Martin's, GY4 6DA, tel. (01481) 232999
- Rohais Medical Centre, Rohais, St Peter Port, GY1 1FF, tel. (01481) 726999
- Cobo Medical Centre, Route de Carteret, Cobo, Castel, GY5 7HA, tel. (01481) 250999
- Waitrose Superstore, Admiral Park, St Peter Port, GY1 2AL, tel. (01481) 728840
- HealthXchange Pharmacy
- Albert House, South Esplanade, St Peter Port, GY1 1AJ, tel. (01481) 736736
- Lloyds Pharmacy UK:
- Pharmacy Locale
- St Martin's Pharmacy
- 1-2 Maison Bellieuse, Grande Rue, St Martin's, GY4 6RR, tel. (01481) 237963
- Stonelakes Pharmacy
- 2, The Bridge, St Sampson's, GY2 4QW, tel. (01481) 244356
- Boardman's Pharmacy (Alderney)
- 38 Victoria Street, Alderney, GY9 3TA, tel. (01481) 822126
- While you can buy some medication without seeing your doctor, you will need a prescription from your doctor or dentist before the pharmacist can dispense 'prescription-only' medicines. The current charge for prescription medicines is £4.00 per item.
- If you are visiting Guernsey you will be charged for any medication given to you on a prescription at full charge.
Prescription charge exemptions
- You should not need to pay for your prescription if you are:
- Pensionable age or over.
- Claiming Income Support or the dependant of someone who is.
- Covered by the Medical Expenses Assistance Scheme or the dependant of someone who is.
- Receiving Severe Disability Benefit or
- You have a certificate, issued by Social Security, that shows you are exempt from the charge.
Other services provided by pharmacies
- The services offered by each pharmacy are likely to vary slightly, but may include:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Smoking cessation
- Continence & ostomy supplies
- Healthy lifestyle advice
- Weight management programmes
- Travel advice
- For further advice contact your preferred pharmacy.