Pharmacists can offer useful advice about minor illnesses and health conditions and also suggest suitable medication or treatment.
The Pharmacy Rota can be found in the downloads section of this page. Please contact your pharmacy directly for its normal opening hours and their opening hours over the bank holidays as these may differ.
- Boots Pharmacy
- Healthcare Pharmacies
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St Martin's Medical Centre, Les Camps du Moulin, St Martin's, GY4 6DA, tel. (01481) 232999
- Rohais Medical Centre, Rohais, St Peter Port, GY1 1FF, tel. (01481) 726999
- Cobo Medical Centre, Route de Carteret, Cobo, Castel, GY5 7HA, tel. (01481) 250999
- Waitrose Superstore, Admiral Park, St Peter Port, GY1 2AL, tel. (01481) 728840
- HealthXchange Pharmacy
- Albert House, South Esplanade, St Peter Port, GY1 1AJ, tel. (01481) 736736
- Lloyds Pharmacy UK:
- Pharmacy Locale
- 7, Commercial Arcade, St Peter Port, GY1 1LA, tel. (01481) 720174, email. email@example.com
- Co-Operative Grand Marche, Nocq Road, St. Sampson, Guernsey, GY2 4PB, tel. (01481) 727476, email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queen's Road Medical Practice, St Peter Port, GY1 1RH, tel. (01481) 725555, email. email@example.com
- St Martin's Pharmacy
- 1-2 Maison Bellieuse, Grande Rue, St Martin's, GY4 6RR, tel. (01481) 237963
- Stonelakes Pharmacy
- 2, The Bridge, St Sampson's, GY2 4QW, tel. (01481) 244356
- Boardman's Pharmacy (Alderney)
- 38 Victoria Street, Alderney, GY9 3TA, tel. (01481) 822126
- While you can buy some medication without seeing your doctor, you will need a prescription from your doctor or dentist before the pharmacist can dispense 'prescription-only' medicines. The current charge for prescription medicines is £4.10 per item.
- If you are visiting Guernsey you will be charged for any medication given to you on a prescription at full charge.
Prescription charge exemptions
- You should not need to pay for your prescription if you are:
- Pensionable age or over.
- Claiming Income Support or the dependant of someone who is.
- Covered by the Medical Expenses Assistance Scheme or the dependant of someone who is.
- Receiving Severe Disability Benefit or
- You have a certificate, issued by Social Security, that shows you are exempt from the charge.
Other services provided by pharmacies
- The services offered by each pharmacy are likely to vary slightly, but may include:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Smoking cessation
- Continence & ostomy supplies
- Healthy lifestyle advice
- Weight management programmes
- Travel advice
- For further advice contact your preferred pharmacy.