You need to notify the Revenue Service each time you change job. The easiest way to do this is using our new online service.
Before you start
This service is available for residents of Guernsey and Alderney unless you currently:
- Have more than one job
- Earn more than £100,000 each year
- Are self-employed
- Are leaving work (if you are retiring)
- Have changed your circumstances, (you have got married, divorced or bought a property with a mortgage)
- Are a student
If you fall into any of these categories, please notify us here.
Information you will need
- Your Social Insurance number: You can find this on your Insurance card or on the new type of Coding Notices
- Your Tax Reference number: You can find this on your most recent Coding Notice
- Your new employer's name: This can be either a company/business name, trading name or the personal name of the employer (If you are unsure, check with them)
If you would like to change your 2020 coding notice only, please click here. Otherwise please continue by using the start button below.
The Revenue Service will process any personal data that you provide, via this online platform, in accordance with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017. Further information about how your personal data is processed by the Revenue Service can be found here.
What happens next?
- After we have received your notification, we will send you a new Coding Notice. This will contain information about the allowances you are entitled to before tax is deducted and any income you receive which is not taxed at source.
- Your new employer will also receive a copy of your coding notice, to give them the information about your allowances so they can deduct Income Tax based on those allowances and pay the tax on your behalf.
- We may update your allowance based on the information you tell us.