The Quality Standards Framework for Childminders (2021) came into force on 1st September 2021. These standards can be found Early Years Quality Standards Framework for Childminders [1Mb]
Thinking of becoming a Childminder?
If you require information on how to become a registered childminder in the Bailiwick of Guernsey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01481 228313.
- Under this section we have included useful documents which childminders may require:
- Development matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Development Matters Tracking Prime Areas [192kb]
- Characteristics of Effective Learning [321kb]
- How do we Observe Children [455kb]
- How I Observe in my own Setting [79kb]
- Observation Information for Childminders [569kb]
- Childminders | PACEY
- Morton Michel - Specialist Insurance for the Childcare Sector
- Paddling Pools and Swimming Pools Requirements [224kb]
- Childminder Inspection Report [292kb]
- Health Protection
- The Health Protection for Education Settings document aims to provide preschools, day nurseries, childminders and schools with information and resources on Health Protection matters. These tools support the preparedness, assessment and decision making around infection prevention and protection measures as well as providing guidance on infections and outbreaks, exclusion periods for different infections and advice around when and how to contact Public Health services/Health Protection Team. https://gov.gg/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=173129&p=0
The States Early Years Team Newsletter
- The Newsletter is produced half termly as a way of communicating all updates and news with the pre-schools, day nurseries and Childminders within the Bailiwick of Guernsey. The SEYT Newsletters are full of information from ourselves and our partners, if you wish to be added to the distribution list, please send us your email address.This is where you can find the latest SEYT Newsletter here.